Green energy is the energy that is obtained from inexhaustible sources and is often described as clean energy. It does not produce environmental pollution residues such as fossil coal, petroleum, which produces carbon dioxide, or nuclear energy that emits toxic radiation therefore it is better for the environment. They are always available, not just as oil is on the way, but there are many obstacles to their spread and expansion, even though they are present in most areas.
There are many forms of renewable energy, including:
- Solar energy: is the energy that reaches the earth from the sun, because of the chemical reactions that occur on it, which produce enormous energy, and have been exploited in water heating systems that rely on solar panels, and used in water distillation to be drinkable, and heating houses and buildings through architecture, One of the most complex applications is the conversion to electricity, using solar cells that consist of semiconductors, and when the fall of the sunlight on them are moving electrons, and moving towards the electrical connector on the other side of the solar cells, and thus running the electricity in it, Panel Source is currently exploiting this in many fields, like residential green energy
- Wind energy: has been used to move windmills to grind grain and transport water. Today, it is used to generate electricity through the so-called turbines, which are large fans with high altitudes and different shapes, large farms are called wind farms and can be put on land on large tracts of land. These areas can be used for other activities such as agriculture. For offshore wind farms, they are very expensive in construction and in maintenance but produce higher electrical power than land farms, and irrigation farms. It can serve an entire residential city of electric power, with the knowledge that the higher the turbine, the greater the electric power generated, given the wind speed at the top.
- Bioenergy: is the organic material that can be obtained from energy, such as wood, natural fertilizers, oils, as well as methane, which is produced by organic waste. This energy can be used in animal pens, but this energy is not as clean as its energy Renewable, methane increases global warming, and wood and fertilizer combustion produces carbon dioxide. There are other examples of renewable energy such as water, land, and tidal energy
Renewable energy advantages
There is a range of features of renewable energy, and make it a distinctive source of energy, the most important of which:
- Renewable energy is well established throughout the world.
- Renewable energy is environmentally friendly and clean.
- They exist permanently and are renewable again.
- It is easy to use based on simple techniques and mechanisms.
- It is very economical.
- Is an important factor in environmental, social and all fields.
- Help create new job opportunities.
- Helps to mitigate the damage of gas and thermal emissions.
- Prevent harmful acid rain.
- Limit waste collection in all its forms. The abandonment of crops from chemical contaminants, thus raising agricultural productivity.
- They use uncomplicated techniques and can be manufactured locally in developing countries.
- It can be used to generate electricity for residential homes.